Closed Circuit Nitrite based corrosion inhibitor passivates the metal surface and prevents oxidation corrosion and galvanic corrosion in aerated chilled and hot water systems.
Closed Loop or Closed Circuit Cooling or Heating Systems that use water for heat transfer must meet the following three mandatory requirements:-
1. Using Soft or DM water for feed and make up
2. An appropriate Corrosion Inhibitor with yellow metal protection, oxygen scavenger, added with antiscalant.
3. A suitable chlorine free Biocide for preserving water.If the above requirements are met then the following sure shot benefits are rewarded to the system operator:-
1. Zero or negligible loss of metal or corrosion
2. Excellent heat transferability
3. Consistent flow rate
4. No need of descaling closed circuit equipments
5. Long and extended life of Water without foulingAnd the disadvantages of not treating the closed circuit water can be equally troubling for the system operator:-
1. Leakage in PHE and AHU due to corrosion
2. Plugging and clogging of tubes and reduced flow rate
3. Reduced heat transfer
4. Need of regular descaling that incurs shutdowns, loss of labor and time
5. Fouling and decoloring of water to red or black
Chemical treatment removes dissolved oxygen that cause oxidation of metal to metal oxide i.e, Iron + Oxygen = Iron Oxide (Rust)
The chemical also contains a specific inhibitor to protect copper from corrosion and removes / prevents any sort of scale formation in the system.
Chemtexs Closed loop Corrosion Inhibitor surpasses the performance of other such less effective closed loop treatment chemicals such as (Nalco 8338, Nalco 3275, Indion 5547 etc.) Application
Engine Jacket, Chiller Water Circuit, Glycol Brine System, Hot Water Circuit, Engine Coolant, Process chilling and heating etc.Dosage:
Closed Loop Corrosion Inhibitor is normally fed continuously to the re-circulating closed system by injection dosing pump or dosed to the expansion tank. The amount of chemical required to inhibit
- Zero or negligible loss of metal or corrosion
- Excellent heat transferability and flow rate
- No need of descaling closed circuit equipments
- Long and extended life of Water without fouling